Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting this for detail in case any of you need this in future.
I had a bit of bodywork done on my roof (2015 Forester) due to hail damage, and in first highway ride a couple of weeks later we heard a very loud whistle from roof rack. I assumed perhaps they had put them front on rear, or oriented backwards, both of which matter, and which can cause highway noise. But on closer inspection I saw two rubber pads were missing. (u-shaped about 2"x3" black rubber pads that fit inside of crossbar portion that clamps to side bars).

I saw a few threads on how to hack this, and due to cost new ($20 EACH) fabricate them out of thick sheet of rubber. I certainly would do so if I had to replace four at my own cost due to my fault. Fabricating would likely give you a good grip, but likely to still result in highway noise since there would be a 0.5"x05" open channel that makes it whistle. But since the shop lost these and will be paying, I will be using the OEM part. Since I did not see part number here, and first dealership I called erroneously told me they can't be bought separately and I had to buy full new bars kit at near $200, I am posting the relevant number and url here, since they are in fact available (as of Oct 2019) for $19.75 each.

Right side: E361SSG030 Part name: "Pad, RH Support Snap On"
Left side: E361SSG040 Part name: "Pad, LH Support Snap On"

Url (for left) : https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/70041889/E361SSG040.html

FYI I intend to glue my pads onto crossbar since I see no downside to that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey I’m resurrecting this thread to say thank you. I got a set of crossbars for my 2020 and I’m hoping the pads will fit. I lost the LH pad somehow and ordered one, I’ll update if it fits the newer cross bars

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I’m resurrecting this thread to say thank you. I got a set of crossbars for my 2020 and I’m hoping the pads will fit. I lost the LH pad somehow and ordered one, I’ll update if it fits the newer cross bars
Keep me posted, I somehow lost mine in my 2020 as well!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts