Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester auto
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, thought Id show a few pics from two weekends ago . Our forester is a 15 touring, pretty standard, not much abnormal about it, except with how loud the interior was. Two weeks ago, I decided to quiet the interior down with some sound deadening from b-quiet.com I started out with a 50 foot roll of B-Quiet Ultimate and sheet of their Vcomp.
The next step was removing the interior, pretty simple, the trick with the interior was to go slowly and not break any of the plastics.
What I found was what others have found, the interior from the drivers seat back is simply bare metal with some sound padding, but nothing significant. I put down the Ultimate on the doors, floors, trunk, and wheel wells. I then added the vcomp to the transmission tunnel
Wow, what a difference, the whole car is so much quieter. No more tin can sounding interior. I can have a conversation over the Bluetooth without yelling, I can talk to the kids in the back in my normal speaking voice. It is by far the best mod I have ever done! Money well spent, I would highly recommend this and wish the car had been like ths from the factory. Now, on with the pics. Frazer
i

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
188 Posts
I did BQuiet on my Mazda Protege 5 and it does make one heck of a difference. Great job.

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
I did the sound proof only for the trunk area. It made a huge different on road and offroad.

Just keep in mind some of this sound proof material is heavy.

Im happy with my decision.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
733 Posts
Great how to article, these cars are woefully under-insulated and the road noise really comes through, especially noticeable on long road trips. Been on my to do list for awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts