Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've scoured the internet and can't find an answer to my problem.

When i bought my 2015 XT touring it only came with 1 key Fob. I have a push to start also, no key ignition.

I bought an aftermarket Key Fob that is supposed to be programmable to subaru. But I cannot find any information on how to program it.

I know other models with keyed ignition has a whole processes of opening doors and lock/unlock and turn the key 10 times... I dont have a keyed ignition.

Does anyone know how to program this second key fob to my car?? I have the square type key
1620181934754.png
fob as pictured in the screen shot.
1620181993149.png
2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited
399 Posts
Toyota enhanced their security chips and immobilizer on most models around 2011, eliminating any possibility to do this with the old door and key turns dance. I believe Subaru did so too. I couldn't find a way without help from a locksmith do even do a conventional bladed key with a "G" security chip for my 2014 Outback.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toyota enhanced their security chips and immobilizer on most models around 2011, eliminating any possibility to do this with the old door and key turns dance. I believe Subaru did so too. I couldn't find a way without help from a locksmith do even do a conventional bladed key with a "G" security chip for my 2014 Outback.
Okay thank you. I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. I'll have to find a locksmith

2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,523 Posts
Yes - either a lock smith or your local dealer. It may be a good idea to check with the dealer which lock smith they use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts