Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2015 FXT touring with factory Navigation and HK sound system.

Today I installed the Pioneer DMH-2660NEX head unit using the installation kit from Crutchfield. I used the SU2 harness and Idatalink Maestro RR to keep steering wheel controls etc. Also use the idatalink USB2 adapter if that matters.

My 2 problems at the moment are

1. My rear view camera has not moved from the MFD to the new head unit screen. The Head unit just turns black when I put it into reverse. My understanding is that the yellow RCA cable marked "rear view camera" that was part of the idatalink SU2 harness was supposed to put the camera on my Headunit now.

2. I cannot select the Satellite XM Radio input. I believe the factory XM antenna is one of the cables that had nothing to plug into behind the new Headunit and harness. Is there another adapter that I need to plug the factory satelite antenna into the new headunit? The installation kit already came with the radio antenna adapter but nothing to attach my new sirius xm capable pioneer to the factory Satellite antenna?

Other than those 2 problems everything else seems to be working great.

2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,748 Posts
If you bought everything from Crutchfield, I would be on the phone with them. They are very very helpful with troubleshooting and getting everything working with your vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@bman400 Thank you I have heard they're good, literally messaged there live chat at 20:02 and they closed at 20:00 haha I was hoping I might get some useful feedback from someone that knows the solution to my problems by the time I go through the wiring diagram again in the morning while I wait for them to open at 10:00 tomorrow.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you connect the camera harness to the back of the MFD?
No I didn't see mention of that in the diagram which is what was confusing me because I couldn't figure out what plugged i to the "Secondary Screen Harness"

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Premium
222 Posts
If you didn't also purchase and install the aftermarket SiriusXM tuner, the headunit will not select that function. The Pioneer itself is "Compatible with SiriusXM tuner" it doesn't come with it built in. You'd need something like:
SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner

Crutchfield should help you with the rear view camera issue, I'm not familiar with the iData thing.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you didn't also purchase and install the aftermarket SiriusXM tuner, the headunit will not select that function. The Pioneer itself is "Compatible with SiriusXM tuner" it doesn't come with it built in. You'd need something like:
SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner

Crutchfield should help you with the rear view camera issue, I'm not familiar with the iData thing.
Thank you, I didnt realize I needed a tuner. How did our cars get XM with the factory unit? Was s tuner built inside the factory headunit?

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
185 Posts
Thank you, I didnt realize I needed a tuner. How did our cars get XM with the factory unit? Was s tuner built inside the factory headunit?
Yep that it. If you look at the manual for you new head unit it will have an input for that tuner. I am “old school” at 76 and use an iPod with music from CD‘s and Vinyl for my road music.
Lou Cioccio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts