Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Cobb the only one offering a stage 1 ots tune? Been using the google and there are plenty of etunes but I have not found another ots.

Will likely etune in the spring but would like an ots till then.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
Pretty much unfortunately cobb strangle held this market in the US need an AP for most tuners. There are some ecutek tuners but most are under cobb

·
Registered
2015 FXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats true pretty much. I probably could have been more clear and thats my fault. Currently I have an AP and looking for an ots tune other than cobb.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
I think MAP performance has OTS tunes avail for $75 or $100, but nothing is free. At that point just pony up a little more and get a etune. I'm still running the COBB stg 1 map and its not great but better than stock a etune will make the more of you car in your climate.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
32 Posts
@numskull50 No MAP does not offer a tune unfortunately but if enough people ask for it they might consider it. I had the tune on my wrx and let me tell you how much of a difference it made. Car response was drastic so I contacted them as soon as I got the fxt and sadly they feel the demand is not there

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
Oh i know if you buy your AP from them the send a STG 1 map guess its only wrx and STIs. I bought mine used so never had to worry about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts