Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 TurboTek FXT CVT
767 Posts
Yeah, it is honestly pretty horrible backing up with the rack on. If it's folded up, it's really bad. If it's folded down, it's still pretty bad. My girlfriend has a really hard time with it. I wish the backup cam was mounted higher on the rear gate.
Thanks for the info.

I've come to notice many (not all) girls tend to have problems driving forward, much less reverse. :shrug:

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
267 Posts
Hey I know this is an old thread but did any of you guys using the Kuat Sherpa had any issues with the exhaust heating or possibly melting the bike rack when the rack is in the verticle position?

I have a 2019 but I can't find any reviews or comments on this forum about it.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
8 Posts
My wife has a 2020 and I just put an Ecohitch on it, which is similar to the factory hitch. There is plenty of clearance between my Sherpa and the bumper and the exhaust, both when folded and unfolded with a bike attached. I noticed no ill effect to the rack or bike.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
267 Posts
Thanks, Leob1, I also have the torklift eco hitch installed and plan to get a bike rack and I am currently looking at the kuat sherpa. Would you mind doing me a huge favor? Could you measure the distance from the bumper to the rack while folded? My concern is since I have an aftermarket exhaust and the tips protrude past the bumper slightly. OEM exhaust shouldn't be a concern.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts