Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what do you folks use to maintain the black trims around the car, esp the mirror bottoms or the door bottoms. My bumper is scuffed in one corner, I can't do much about it (maybe PlastiDip) but other trims are scuff-free (until now). I would like to maintain them like it.

I tried 303 Protectant. Wonder if anything else is used by other folks.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
303 is an excellent "off the shelf" product that will give you ~1 month of protection, as you've tried. If you want something a little more permanent to protect from fading and staining, try Gtechnic C4 or Carpro DLUX. Both are a semi-permanent coatings that will provide you with a greater service life, however, they are more involved to install correctly- they require some level of surface preparation and careful application.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try Gtechnic C4 or Carpro DLUX.
I searched these as to why they are so expensive. It seems they work great on faded plastic trim. My car's trim is no faded, I just want to maintain it the way it is (looks almost new). Thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in mind.

@2.5x_sleeper I will keep it in mind. Water repellent property is great. How often one would need to apply?

Has anyone tried Mother's VLR? While going through loads of bottles, I noticed that I had forgotten about this that I got for faux leather couch. Will this work, anyone tried?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts