Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My name is kai, I’m new here. Just purchased a 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i and am searching for some slightly beefier aftermarket rims and tires. I am looking at a set of 5x100 ESR sr11 18x9.5 +32 with BF Goodyear 245/40 tires on them. Anyone know if this will rub on my forester or if I will have any other obvious issues. I am a noob but trying to change that. I appreciate any input. Thanks!

·
FOTM Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,452 Posts
There are a ton of other posts about wheel/tire sizing and what will fit and what wont.

There is even a pinned thread on "will it fit" discussions on what will and won't fit and what will and won't rub....

As your car is listed as a 2.5i, we'll have to assume that the current stock size is the 17" rims? Without knowing the model/trim level, that may be wrong.

Short answer - yes, it will rub. Somewhere, some time. Remember that the offset will move the face "plane" of the wheel and tire move in and/or out based upon width and offset...

There are also a TON of links for tire size calculators that will give you an idea on how the size you want compares to the size you have. Some may even calculate whether the width and offset differences will move the face of the wheel further out or in... This also impacts the back side of the rim and tires - how much closer it is to the suspension components on your Foz.

Good luck!

Also, it's a really - REALLY good idea to include the trim level and the stock size you're working from...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts