Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Ltd cvt
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these pieces of foam on top of the frame rail and belly pan under the airbox of our 2015 Forester.
I'm not sure if they were originally one piece or not.
The interesting shaped piece on the bottom of the picture has a strip of hard plastic on the right side as if it attaches into something but nothing in there looks like it would accommodate that.
Any ideas?
Brown Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Font

·
Taking a walk in the outback
2012 SH Manual Diesel
854 Posts
They are baffles that stop air going around the radiator, and rather help direct the air through the radiator. They usually have some adhesive on them.

You’ll see long strips on the sides of the radiator, and the odd shaped one, goes in the front bumper. The shape should correspond with the bumper profile.

You could re-stick them, or if they have shrunk or deteriorated; you can cut your own out of EPDM rubber sheet, from the hardware store.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Ltd cvt
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are baffles that stop air going around the radiator, and rather help direct the air through the radiator. They usually have some adhesive on them.

You’ll see long strips on the sides of the radiator, and the odd shaped one, goes in the front bumper. The shape should correspond with the bumper profile.

You could re-stick them, or if they have shrunk or deteriorated; you can cut your own out of EPDM rubber sheet, from the hardware store.
Wow. They were behind the radiator and I didn't notice a significant hole for them to get back there. I'll have another look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts