Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 L, DOHC, non-turbo (FB25)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! First time poster, long time reader. I recently purchased a 2015 Subaru Forester with almost 25,000 miles on it. I have been noticing little drip spots under my car when leaving work. I originally thought it was coming from the CVT, and after I little poking around under the vehicle, a little bit of cleaning, and I stumbled upon these. I know the basics when it comes to working ok cars, (or atleast I’d like to think so?!) kinda new to Subarus in general, but anywho, these are located on the passenger side of the vehicle, behind the passenger side tire, and a little higher up. I haven’t tried to tightening anything, wanted to get advice first. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim
Automotive tire Hood Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,213 Posts
Looks like the fluid cooler lines. But I don't see a trail of oil from the wetness traveling downward beyond that ridge above the axle shaft. So I don't think that's what's leaving spots on the ground.

Look for any fluid that is accumulated on the lowest point of places that might leak.

Wind passing under the car while moving can make it difficult at times, because it can blow the oil/coolant/whatever might be seeping backwards onto things that might not be leaking, or even contain fluid.

· Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 L, DOHC, non-turbo (FB25)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Black21Limited,
I started at the bottom. There’s no oil residue until you get past the transmission drain plug. After I did an oil change today, I cleaned and tried to follow any trace of oil that I could. There was decent amount on the transfer case. I figured that’s what was creating the spots. But after the oil change, and a wipe down, I ran the engine for a few, drove around the neighborhood for about 20 min and checked for any thing noticeable, and that’s when I found what is in the pictures. This is my first real attempt at trying to see what’s leaking. But I will definitely do more investigating.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,213 Posts
Finding leaks can be a royal pain, until they are pouring out. Then they can be a nightmare depending on what it leaking and when/where.

If you can put some white paper under there, it might give you a better idea of the color, not that that is 100% helpful, as most fluids look the same anymore. At least the coolant is a darker blue.

Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts