Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my battery about a month ago and the eyesight has been off ever since. Anyone know how to reset the eyesight and get it working again for a 2015?

· Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
316 Posts
I have a 2015 XT with Eyesight. The battery has been replaced and disconnected several times. It has always just worked afterwards. Nothing needed to be done to get it to work.

Always do the easy and cheap thing first...

Check the fuses? I'm not sure which fuse it is but guessing that it is Vehicle Dynamics Control Unit, number 33 under the dash and number 1 under the hood. Or just check them all.

Fuse diagrams are in the owner's manual, chapter 12.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I checked the fuses and they are good. It turned off right after replacing the battery and has been off ever since.

· Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
316 Posts
Yeah, I don't know then.

Maybe see if there are any diagnostic codes set.

I'd also completely disconnect the battery for a full ECU reboot and relearn, just to try. This certainly can't hurt the car.

I've heard of water getting into the moonroof and impacting the cameras. Coincidence that it happened at the same time as the battery? That's probably a reach.

Windshield or camera lenses very dirty or do you smoke in the car?

Just trying to think what I would try. Other than that, I don't know.

· Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
316 Posts
@DrewM

Just disconnect the battery for a minute or so.

The ECU will start relearn once the battery is connected and the car is started.

Just be aware that throttle response might be down a little until it relearns all of it's parameters. This typically takes about 50 miles but it may take up to 100 miles.

Again, it probably won't fix the issue but its easy, cheap and can't hurt.

· Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
1,147 Posts
What do you mean it’s off? Are you getting the notification saying it’s unavailable? Cruise control doesn’t work?

· Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
502 Posts
Number 8 says to set something, but I don't know what.
Font Parallel Document Screenshot Number

Reactions: DrewM

· Registered
2015 Forester CVT
104 Posts
My Eyesight failed last summer. I had to replace the camera and get it recalibrated in order for it to work. The dealer was helpful, SOA, not so much. I had to pay for the whole thing out of pocket…

· Registered
18 Forester Limited 19 Forester Premium
977 Posts
Nice list of things that might need resetting after removing the battery!

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Eyesight failed last summer. I had to replace the camera and get it recalibrated in order for it to work. The dealer was helpful, SOA, not so much. I had to pay for the whole thing out of pocket…
That's not great! I'm in a bad spot because the cracked windshield needs replacing and no one will do it because the eyesight system is not functional and cant be re-calibrated during glass replacement. They all say it's a liability issue. But here I am...

· Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
502 Posts
hmmm, I wonder exactly what this means?
""set to the contents checked before disconnecting battery""
My Forester does not have eyesight, so I don't have any of the buttons or menus.

Looking in the service manual it appears eyesight can set some DTC codes, but most of the diagnostics for the eyesight system is done with Phenomenon Diagnostics. A new feature of SSM4 and is used on most of the new wonder systems, making many of the repairs dealer only.

If your glass shop can calibrate an eyesight system, they would be able to repair it also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts