Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT cvt
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work today, and about 2 blocks from work the cvt started struggling / jerking from stop. It was like a feeling that it was struggling to find the right gear
Anyways, at lunch decided to drive down the block to fill up on gas, thought maybe it was a misfire or bad gas, but it wasn't. Transmission was fine for about 5-10 mins then started acting up again, this time eyesight disabled itself and since mines an XT it automatically switched from I mode to S mode.

Now I'm debating if it's even safe to drive jome or just have it towed to the dealer. I got an appointment for tomorrow.morning, turned the car off and back on and eyesight is normal again

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
196 Posts
That could be the CVT or torque converter failing. I am no expert on either, but the behavior you described is definitely an indicator of something in there dying. Hopefully you are still under the extended warranty period.

Was the jerking/struggling only from a stop or also when accelerating at other speeds?

How many miles are on your XT?

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT cvt
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be the CVT or torque converter failing. I am no expert on either, but the behavior you described is definitely an indicator of something in there dying. Hopefully you are still under the extended warranty period.

Was the jerking/struggling only from a stop or also when accelerating at other speeds?

How many miles are on your XT?
82k, just got it back from the dealer
Turns out it was a misfire at cylinder 1
Previous owner never had spark plugs replaced

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts