Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This warning came up on the display this morning. Is this a big issue? What is the fix? Thanks in advance for the help.

It has roughly 80K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This problem is still occuring. The car seems to go into X Mode down hill mode randomly. Very scary when driving at highway speeds. Dealer said the car needs to be taken to them immediately when it occurs and to not turn the engine off so they can read the codes. Does this make sense?

The last service on the car was the Brake Light Switch recall. From what I see on the internet this might be causing the issue. Thoughts?

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This warning came up on the display this morning. Is this a big issue? What is the fix? Thanks in advance for the help.

It has roughly 80K miles.
This problem is still occuring. The car seems to go into X Mode down hill mode randomly. Very scary when driving at highway speeds. Dealer said the car needs to be taken to them immediately when it occurs and to not turn the engine off so they can read the codes. Does this make sense?

The last service on the car was the Brake Light Switch recall. From what I see on the internet this might be causing the issue. Thoughts?

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks for your help!!!
This just happened to me. My car is a 2015 forester with 80k miles. I had the brake light switch recall fixed a few months ago and this morning my vehicle wouldn’t accelerate when I was gassing it. Happened 3 times and the hill assist light came on. What happened to your vehicle? Was there an easy fix?
Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This just happened to me. My car is a 2015 forester with 80k miles. I had the brake light switch recall fixed a few months ago and this morning my vehicle wouldn’t accelerate when I was gassing it. Happened 3 times and the hill assist light came on. What happened to your vehicle? Was there an easy fix?
Thank you.
The brake light switch needed to be adjusted. It took a few minutes at the dealer and all is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The brake light switch needed to be adjusted. It took a few minutes at the dealer and all is good.
Thank you for your help. I hope I can make it to the dealer before this issue happens again. It’s pretty scary to be going down an interstate and no be able to accelerate.

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring CVT
166 Posts
Thank you.
Yep this happened to me a couple days ago. Momentarily lost ability to accelerate by pressing gas pedal and now check hill assist light comes on randomly. When I google it's hard cause most people - when they see this light - it's part of all the lights going off at the same time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep this happened to me a couple days ago. Momentarily lost ability to accelerate by pressing gas pedal and now check hill assist light comes on randomly. When I google it's hard cause most people - when they see this light - it's part of all the lights going off at the same time?
It’s the brake light switch recall. Annoying and a huge, dangerous inconvenience. I had mine replaced already and there was a fault with the new one. Subaru replaced it again. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts