Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Olds intrigue Auto
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were driving on highway about 60mph and begin to hear a quite loud, high pitch sound much like a whistle. It was a continuous high frequency tone that quit when I took my foot off the accelerator...due to speed change no doubt.
I turned off the radio and other devices but problem persisted. Seemed rather loud and clear for an air leak around windows. It showed up again as I sped up but am quite sure it is not power train related. It's impossible to isolate area it was coming from as wife and I tried to move about a bit to see if we could detect the source.
I read a bit on here about it possibly being related to the fuel pump. Seems rather remote but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Problem is not there when car is idling.
Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
1999 Olds intrigue Auto
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping not....would you think a person could tell if front or back or left or right side if a bearing was
making the noise?

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
71 Posts
Sorry not too familiar with the issue amd how to locate, but it pops up on here a lot for our years. If it gets louder and you go faster and can't be heard when stopped seems logical. I'd do a search and read about some of the other posts for diagnosis and repair.

·
Registered
1999 Olds intrigue Auto
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No don't have crossbars and have googled but nothing much to be found n 2 dealers seemed unaware of an issue . They seemed to think a bearing would be more of a low growl. will keep monitoring it Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts