Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Entry
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just been in Subaru service with my new Forester.

The interior heating has a malfunction.

When switching from 19.5°C to 20°C or other way around the temparuter jumps by much more sometimes even 10°C.

The Subaru Austria aknowledged this problem, so apparently this is known problem over here.

Anybody else heard or had experience with this issue?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
but the air temperature from the vents might well jump ten degrees whilst heating the cabin half a degree, perfectly normal.

The system will respond better with higher fan speeds, the cabin temp sensor has air sucked through it by the fan.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Entry
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but the air temperature from the vents might well jump ten degrees whilst heating the cabin half a degree, perfectly normal.

The system will respond better with higher fan speeds, the cabin temp sensor has air sucked through it by the fan.
I´m using the fan on AUTO but no matter what level it is, still the same issue. The temperature difference is not temporarily.

The effect is that if I´m setup the temp to 19.5 than I´m cold (because it is much lover than 19.5) and when I move it to 20 I´m way too hot (again the temperature will rise massively).

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring CVT
916 Posts
Anyone know where the interior temp sensor is located? Maybe it's blocked or poorly located.....

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Cabin temperature sensor is located below the push-button start or key. It is a little vent in the plastic.

Can be seen in this photo:

Are you sure about that? I think that's the speaker grille for the little chime / beep the car plays when your seatbelt isn't on, the keys are left in while the door is open, etc.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
nope, that's the sensor. Actually, it's an inch or two down a tube, and that tube (the "aspirator") continues into the heater box. If the tube is disconnected at either end or the fan speed is low, the sensor will not get the actual cabin temp.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,859 Posts
Are you sure about that? I think that's the speaker grille for the little chime / beep the car plays when your seatbelt isn't on, the keys are left in while the door is open, etc.
From the service manual in the "In-Vehicle Sensor (Auto A/C Model)" section:

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5I Limited
2 Posts
I just brought my forester into the dealership because the heat would come on full blast even though it was very cold out (auto temperature set to 70 degrees Fahrenheit). Even if I turned the cabin temp down to 50 the heat still blared with a full speed fan. The dealership told me that dog hair clogged the sensor(?), mind you that I don't have a ton of dog hair in my car.

Anyone else ever hear of this? I've had many dogs and many cars and never ever had this issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts