Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
232 Posts
I just bought the Owl Dash Cam. Mixed reviews on it. Gonna try it and see what I think. Has a 30 day full return policy if I don't like it

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
71 Posts
what to look for in a dash cam? front and back hiding wires, install tips what to ask for when installing (would have a pro do it) wish subaru had a system as an option don't like hanging wires etc
thanks

·
Registered
2017 2.0XT Touring
14 Posts
After my Forester getting hit last week, I bought myself an Aukey DR02 on Amazon via a lightning deal for about $50 bucks. Will install when i get my car back...

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
232 Posts
what to look for in a dash cam? front and back hiding wires, install tips what to ask for when installing (would have a pro do it) wish subaru had a system as an option don't like hanging wires etc
thanks
I bought the three wire accessory wiring kit. Give you a 12v +, 12v accessory, and ground. Gonna run the wires along the head liner. The accessory wiring will go down to the fuse box and tap in there. The rear camera I am gonna run along the headliner to the back. Use the factory loom for the Third brake light to feed the wire to the camera

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
754 Posts
After my Forester getting hit last week, I bought myself an Aukey DR02 on Amazon via a lightning deal for about $50 bucks. Will install when i get my car back...
That's what I got my wife. It's working well. We'll see if it holds up to summer heat..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
168 Posts
I was driving along to drop my kids off at daycare, drove through what I saw as a green light which became yellow as I approached the light, when suddenly a wild Hyundai appeared! Very minimal damage was done to the cars (side mirrors knocked together, basically). She called the cops and her husband, who both upon seeing the dashcam footage immediately took my side.

Pay attention to other drivers!

She said I ran a red - YouTube
I know, old history here

I watched it several times and I saw that you did not attempt to slow with yellow warning of a soon to be red light, and even as the blue car came out and you had time to slow and not pass, you instead got mad and laid on the horn and ran off right side of road to defiantly pass. I'd have wrote you both, the other driver for failure to yield and you for just plain reckless driving (and let the judge reduce your's to improper driving).

Nothing personal, just how I see it.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
696 Posts
For what it's worth - to anybody reading this beyond the "you should drive better!" parts of the thread...

I have the "spytec" A119 (pretty much the same as the other A119 brands listed here...

Sometimes the image quality can be sub-par but it shows decent mostly.

Remember that glare will be your enemy for any cam set up.

I mounted just in front of the mirror (don't have eyesight set up) and the cam is pretty much out of my line of sight behind the mirror. Ran the wire up in to the headliner and then across, down behind the A-pillar trim (tucked out of the way) and then plugs in to the fuse box to any circuit that has power.

If you want it ON all the time, then use a circuit that always has power. There is a capacitor that will not let it draw power past a certain point and kill your battery. But when I put the key in the ignition and go to "ON" the cam comes on and starts recording....

61 - 70 of 70 Posts