Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'06 '06 2.5XT | '10 2.5X Manual
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through some of the previous threads on this topic, but i'm wondering what I may be missing. I just recently got rid of my '06XT, and I am looking to get into a newer xt touring model. I have been really looking at the 2016's, but I can't really find one that fits the budget. Around me the 2016 Touring models are between $23k and $26k, with between 22,000 and 45,000 miles. The packages don't seem to matter either, there could be one with 22,000 miles on it and have nav + eyesight and be listed for $25k, and there could be one with 30,000 miles on it and not have nav or eyesight and listed at $25k, and there is no talking these dealers down.

I have started looking at some of the 2015's and I know that the backup camera comes up on the small screen, I know the infotainment system is non existent and I know there is an antenna difference. What's appealing is that depending on mileage the 2015's range from $18k - $23k, it seems as thought I can get one with around 30,000 miles for about $20k. I would be paying in full for either car, so that's a good amount of savings after incorporating tax and what not.

I have heard that that the infotainment system in the 2016 is pretty stinky, and as I said its non existent in the 2015, which I don't care, I would plan to add an aftermarket head unit immediately, something that supports apple play. I don't really think I want the eyesight, I was going back and forth on it, but I don't think I really need it. I've also never had a backup camera, so I don't think I will really mind that its on the small screen, and I know if I get an aftermarket head unit, I could potentially wire it in to that as well (depending on the unit)

I like the thought of saving a couple thousand dollars, that way I can do a few small mods that I am interested in. Are there any glaring differences between the 2015 and 2016 that I am overlooking, either mechanical or just daily driving things that make one or the other way worse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,265 Posts
@dkash

Not sure if you're aware of cars101.com. Here's the link - older models are on the left:

Subaru Research Site- specs, prices, options, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013.... Outback, Ascent, Legacy, Forester, XV Crosstrek, WRX, STI, Impreza, BRZ, Tribeca

You could compare what comes with different years.

My only thought is that the 2016 has had another year of "bug fixing/refining" that we probably don't hear about. At this point I don't remember what's different between the two years, but cars101 should make this clear.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts