Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a 2015 FXT. So far I have installed CUSCO Front Strut Tower Bar (PT# 697 540 A). Now I plan to lower the Forester with Coils so that I can raise it back up if the time calls for it. But as far as this topic goes I got a question about Sway bars.
I been considering doing 100% of the suspension with CUSCO it's gonna be pricey, but I think CUSCO is generally a very high quality brand.

So the idea was to get CUSCO Front Sway Bar (26 mm + 135% solid) and CUSCO Rear Sway Bar (20 mm + 197% solid) to go along with CUSCO Street Zero A (Adjustable Coils) now the Coil overs isn't a final decision since I may go with BC Coils or TEIN, all boils to Quality + Money + Sane Price.

The thing is, I'm not 100% sure I should get Sways if I'm gonna get Coils or wise versa. The idea is that by going Lower to say stock WRX height my centre of gravity changes and cornering should be easier without fear of flipping.

After installing the CUSCO Front Strut the car has became notably stiffer and bouncy on uneven pavement, the handling is awesome nerveless. Here is the thing I don't have any experience ridding in a Fozzy with sway bars installed so I can't say how it feels. Logically the sway bars should keep the Fozzy more planted to the ground combined with Coils this makes for a spiffy as hell Wagon but this is all my speculations.

Anyone running Sway Bars and willing to share experience and some pointers. Also if your running coils input is also welcomed.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
27 Posts
I’d recommend starting with the rear sway. 20-22mm is good. I’m on Whiteline front and rears. I started with the rears, and the difference in handling from changing out the rears was a lot more pronounced than the fronts. The stock front sway is already quite beefy, and with the car’s stock tendency to understeer, leaving the rear stiffer helps.

You can definitely run coils and sways together. If you’re lowering the car then you should also upgrade the rear lower control arms to manage your alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ak1nz Interesting. Honestly the price difference for Whiteline v CUSCO for 20mm Rear is around $50, granted you get just a 20mm sway bar. The difference is around $30 if you get Adjustable Whiteline (not 100% sure what this actually means by adjustable).

As far as Coils go it's a 50/50, I kind of want to go lower but in same time I got Winter here so I don't overly want to go stupid low and then deal with deep snow. Worse case scenario I get some STI Pink Springs :D

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
27 Posts
@ak1nz Interesting. Honestly the price difference for Whiteline v CUSCO for 20mm Rear is around $50, granted you get just a 20mm sway bar. The difference is around $30 if you get Adjustable Whiteline (not 100% sure what this actually means by adjustable).

As far as Coils go it's a 50/50, I kind of want to go lower but in same time I got Winter here so I don't overly want to go stupid low and then deal with deep snow. Worse case scenario I get some STI Pink Springs :D
Pink springs are a great upgrade on stock dampers. Along with the rear swaybar, the car felt more planted, and less skittish in longer tighter turns. I have the Whiteline adjustables in the rear. There are 3 holes to put the endlinks on each end of the rear swaybar. You can effectively choose between a 21, 22, and 23mm equivalent sway bar thickness in the rear. I’m running stiffest setting in the rear and softest in the front to reduce understeer where I can.

Between Cusco and Whiteline - you can’t go wrong choosing either. Both are great brands with great products IMO.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
687 Posts
Pink springs are a great upgrade on stock dampers. Along with the rear swaybar, the car felt more planted, and less skittish in longer tighter turns. I have the Whiteline adjustables in the rear. There are 3 holes to put the endlinks on each end of the rear swaybar. You can effectively choose between a 21, 22, and 23mm equivalent sway bar thickness in the rear. I’m running stiffest setting in the rear and softest in the front to reduce understeer where I can.

Between Cusco and Whiteline - you can’t go wrong choosing either. Both are great brands with great products IMO.

There are two more choices available by using the 23 on one side and the 22 on the other, or 22 on one side and 21 on the other. Since the bar works both ways, anti-sway symmetry will be maintained. So, there is a selection of five degrees of stiffness for fine tuning.

GD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts