Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mechanic tried to change the differential fluid today. The rear one was a breeze but the front's filler plug wouldn't budge and he stripped the plug. He wants me to get a replacement before he goes ahead.

Subaru parts website is exceptionally tricky to find the part number. Can anyone confirm, part # 807018060 is the one I need?

I wonder if its OK to replace the plug with a regular plug/hex bolt (instead of one with Torx). If yes, what size could be used? It will make life incredibly easy going forward.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010 X Limited, 2.5L NA, 4AT. Purchased as the second owner in 2020 with ~126K miles.
552 Posts
Good question. This is an area ready for improvement. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did you try calling the nearest subaru dealer? Many have some good parts/service techs that can give you accurate part#s then you can find the suitable replacement cheaper online.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you try calling the nearest subaru dealer? Many have some good parts/service techs that can give you accurate part#s then you can find the suitable replacement cheaper online.
Oh man, you are in for a story.

Until 2 years ago, they were awesome. Things changed lately.

They have a strict COVID protocol, no arguments there. But the way they have instituted the protocol is weird. You have to stay out of the dealership. A kid (~19-20 years old) comes up and takes whatever you need. The kid knows absolutely nothing. So I always tell him to confirm with the mechanic inside.
Yesterday, I went to get the above part number. Mentioned FILL port, explicitly and the guy tells me (after checking with someone inside) that I got the wrong part number and tells me, I need part #11024AA070. I check it on the phone and its a DRAIN plug, which is no longer available. It is superseded by part #807018070. I lost it. I told him, I will get it later, and walked away.

They never answer the phone in the parts dept, hence I try to check here first. I will go to another dealership over the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts