Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Looking to buy my first Subaru. I have an option to get a 2015 Forester Limited with 73,000 miles. What's your opinion on that year and mileage? Reliability and anything else. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 Forester
248 Posts
i have a 2015 forester base/with options, 2.5 and cvt, it has 74 k miles, so far except for a cup of coolant loss when the radiator cap failed one time,....... it has been good......., i am 2nd owner and apparently all service for 1st owner was done by the dealer, it works well, gets about 25mpg driving around town, and 28 to 32 on the hiway ,,,,,, carries 5 people easily, i like the smooth cvt , the engines is noisy compared to my other cars and it does use some oil at about 1/3rd to 1/2qt. per 3500 miles,................ i use pennzoil platinum, 5w30 and either altrom[ oem filter worldwide] or wix xp filter ,,................. the stock current subaru filter is made by fram, and internally is a cheap fram so i use higher oil flow wix as preferred,, the light interior easily gets dirty and stained ,nice light steering & good brakes ................. with 5w30 the engine runs more quietly than with the idemitsu 0w20 that subaru stocks as standard for na engines,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.