Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
11 Posts
Details for the 2015 Forester are starting to come out. Pricing (but 2014 photos) in the linked article. Looks pretty good, glad I waited especially since the Touring pricing with EyeSight (which is also now updated to the color system) seems to have improved. Here are the pricing details including the $850 destination charge:

Base - starting at $23,045
Limited - starting at $28,945
Touring (18-inch wheels, keyless entry and start, chrome trim, and HID headlights) - starting at $30,945
XT (includes all weather package, 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer-four making 250 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque) - starting at $29,345
XT Touring - starting at $33,945

Options
All-weather package - $500
EyeSight safety system and navigation - $500 cheaper (not sure of total cost, only in packages where it is included)

Read more: 2015 Subaru Forester Updated, Starts at $23,045

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The actual press release is clearer on transmission and option pricing...

SUBARU ANNOUNCES 2015 FORESTER PRICING

2015 OPTION PACKAGES
Alloy Wheel Package
$600
All Weather Package
$500
All Weather Package + EyeSight
$1,295
All Weather Package+ EyeSight+ Navigation
$2,395
Navi+ Audio w/Harman Kardon® Amplifier and Speakers
$1,850
Navi + Audio w/Harman Kardon ®Amplifier and Speakers + EyeSIght
$2,645
EyeSight + Navigation
$1,895

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
550 Posts
It appears that they will not include the blind spot detection and new color cameras on the next-gen EyeSight system. They wouldn't have left that out if it were actually available.

Good to see the XT Premium has cold weather package available.

Also good to see HID and keyless start on touring models.

It looks like you can leave navigation out of the touring models to opt for your own aftermarket solution. That is good considering how bad the subaru head unit is.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Base 5-speed
827 Posts
I had a gut fealing the sunroof was comming. We have the backup camera with the XT and its actually a nice convenience.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
37 Posts
OOPS! I committed to purchase a 2014 XT today, and sign the papers tomorrow.

My enthusiasm does not seem to be diminished. I'm ready to start home from Colorado Springs next week. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium 6MT
82 Posts
Glad I just picked up my 2014 Premium 6MT. I really dislike sunroofs in my cars and the Premium 6MT was the only way to get the cold-weather package i wanted along with a manual transmission and NO sunroof. Looks like I just squeaked in under the wire!

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Does this mean I can get the all weather package for only 500 on mine!? Lol I wish

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
Sounds good. We've been thinking about getting a new Forester, and I'd want one with a manual transmission, sunroof, and cold weather package. The huge sunroof is one of the things I like most about our '07 FXT.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Base 5-speed
827 Posts
Sounds good. We've been thinking about getting a new Forester, and I'd want one with a manual transmission, sunroof, and cold weather package. The huge sunroof is one of the things I like most about our '07 FXT.
I loved the sunroof in my Forester and the wife loves hers in the XT....ive begun to miss it along with the ride height and utility of the Foz.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring CVT
50 Posts
Interesting about the Touring coming standard with HIDs & Keyless start.

That's what I wanted on my 2014, so I had to get Eyesite, which I don't mind.

Honestly I didn't want 18" wheels so glad I got a 2014. I don't understand why folks want these big rims and tires, so much more $$$ to replace them.

Paul G.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
That is $1050 more than the 2014. Base was $21,995 in 2014.

What do you get for the $1050 more?
He probably factored in the destination charge. Edit: He did include delivery. I have edited the original post to reflect that.

Pricing begins at $22,195 for the base model 2.5i with six-speed manual transmission.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Manual
37 Posts
That is $1050 more than the 2014. Base was $21,995 in 2014.

What do you get for the $1050 more?
As GeoJosh mentioned, the 2015 price includes the destination fee, so it's really just a $225 increase and you now get the color multifunction display and rear camera. If you don't care about those, the 2014 Base was a better deal, but a lot of people probably like those features.

The sunroof on the 6MT Premium is a mixed blessing depending on your feelings about sunroofs. If the AWP is available on any trim for $500 that is very nice and something I would have liked.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
649 Posts
Anyone have info on if their are any changed in the Canadian pricing/packages ?

1 - 20 of 194 Posts