Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Limited CTV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2015 Forester the driver side power door lock has stopped working. I can not lock or unlock it with the remote key or the door switch, I can lock and unlock manually from inside the car or with the key in the in door handle. All other locks function properly with the remote and the door switch. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5I Prem
17 Posts
Mine is unfortunately no longer under warranty. Took the door skin off today, best i can tell the LATCH & ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY-FRONT,LEFT (Part Number: 61032SG090) has a non working motor. I do remember it being a little spotty once in awhile and not unlocking when i hit the remote. I tested current from the plug that goes into it and there was power flowing when i hit the lock/unlock buttons. I removed the part(Not the most fun thing to do after work) but found it to not really be serviceable, So i'm left with either buying a new part (local dealer retails it for 179), getting a used one off ebay (about 90?) or just using my key all the time to lock/unlock. Disappointing on a car that is only 3ish years old! :(

·
Registered
2015 Forester Limited CTV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a bummer, I am not sure what to do with mine, it is out of warranty, An additional symptom on mine is that it started working again for about 2 weeks, and now it has stopped working again. I am suspect of an electrical connection or short, (maybe broken wire) It is just too new for that kind of stuff to be happening.

·
Registered
2014 FORESTER
4 Posts
Same

just started happening on my 14 forester 2.5 I prem.
I too have a 2014 and I think there is an issue with the lock actuator. Never had a single problem or noise from the lock actuator on driver's door, until I picked up my Forester from the dealer after they did a new radio install. The minute I:| got in the car and unlocked/locked doors, I heard a funny sound. I took it back a week later for wheel alignment and told them about the sound when I lock/unlock doors and how it never did that until I picked it up last week from them. They diagnosed and told me the actuator was going bad. $500 fix! I was somewhat ok with it until I came on this forum and saw another owner was told by his dealer the radio install he did was the reason the actuator went bad. Too similar considering my dealer did a radio install and then the actuator stopped working...THOUGHTS??

·
Registered
2014 Forester Automatic
63 Posts
just started happening on my 14 forester 2.5 I prem.
This also happened to my 14 forester 2.5i premium. Very disappointed. Sounds like it might be a known issue.

I too have a 2014 and I think there is an issue with the lock actuator. Never had a single problem or noise from the lock actuator on driver's door, until I picked up my Forester from the dealer after they did a new radio install. The minute I:| got in the car and unlocked/locked doors, I heard a funny sound. I took it back a week later for wheel alignment and told them about the sound when I lock/unlock doors and how it never did that until I picked it up last week from them. They diagnosed and told me the actuator was going bad. $500 fix! I was somewhat ok with it until I came on this forum and saw another owner was told by his dealer the radio install he did was the reason the actuator went bad. Too similar considering my dealer did a radio install and then the actuator stopped working...THOUGHTS??
Curious to hear an update. What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 forester that also has a grinding noise from the driver side power lock. it has failed once in the last two weeks and sounds like it is on its way out. of course this car is now out of the extended warranty. glad I am not the only one with the problem but frustrated none the less, and anxious to read further ideas on this forum about how to fix it.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
Similar problem here- just started happening a few days ago. However, when I go to use the keyless access door handle on the driver's side, I get 10 beeps. Has the beeping happened to anyone else?

2015 Forester XT Touring

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
19 Posts
Yeah, my 2015 Forester is exhibiting the same power door lock failure for the driver's side front door. A few weeks ago it started out with that door not unlocking, and usually, hitting the lock button on the key jogged it enough so then it would unlock when the unlock button was pressed. That does not work now. So, until I figure out what to do, I run the key into the lock to make sure it has actually locked then I hit the lock button on the key to lock all the other doors and to arm the alarm system. When I open up the car I hit the unlock button, which disables the alarm, then run the key into the lock to unlock it. Kind of annoying but my understanding is that the lock actuator fails at around 5 years, which is where I am at now. It's one of those features I don't want to live without so... time to grab the checkbook...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I think both front actuators have gone bad, as the driver side will only work with the key and the passenger door won't work at all... and also won't lock, the door opens no matter the position of the lock itself. I've found in tasca the best price for both actuators, but there's w/smart key and wo/smart key, how can I know which version must I use? Found attached the photos of my key, is that a smart one?
Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
750 Posts
Mine is making noises when operating now. Was going to hit it with some graphite to help out but might be on the way out.
I'd try a good spray with silicon lube, not graphite (which is somewhat electrically conductive), but my guess is probably will need to replace the actuator. I'd buy new even though more money, I don't like to do the same repair twice.

Edit: The other fix might be unplug and re-plug the wiring connector to it may help.

Fvaldivial, it looks like you have a 'smart' key, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
Update to my previous post in this thread.

Took mine in to the dealer. $700 and one actuator later, my door power locks again. There's still an issue with the driver's switch, but I chose not to replace it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts