Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2006 outback sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2015 (purchased June of 2014) Forester is making a clicking noise on deceleration. No brakes applied, coasting to a stop. It starts around 25MPH and stops at around 10MPH. If I put in neutral the noise stops. If I put it back in gear, the noise often doesn't come back (maybe because I've gone below the 10 MPH mark). I've read different threads on different years and models of Subaru. Some it happens on acceleration, some say wheel bearings or CV joints/boots, or even the diffs. I've read threads on getting that diff fluid changed frequently. I'm only at 30K miles, but will give that a go if I don't get any more info here. I'm really thinking its the CVT, but my exact issue doesn't seem to be any where, so I'm here asking.

The noise is a light clicking. Imagine putting it in park while still moving. Now imagine that much softer and higher pitched. It's decent rate of speed and is linked to vehicle speed (not engine speed). It seems to be affecting the engine braking by creating more drag in the system. I slow down a lot faster than if I put it in neutral. These are all at low speeds so I cant be certain, but remembering from before the noise started, it seems to be slowing down faster.

Hope my description is clear enough to get a diagnosis.

Thanks much!

· Registered
2006 outback sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have my outback in for some exhaust work when we get that back, I'll take hers to the dealer. Good to know about the 10/100k warranty!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts