Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Recently got a 2015 forester XT here in Canada with 67000 km on it. I noticed that it had this clicking/rattle when accelerating although when cruising it goes away. Although it is not consistent, it sounds like a loose screw or something. It can mostly be heard while in the left of the driver seat behind the dash. I attached a video of it here. Hopefully someone can help me pinpoint this issue. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
1999 A/T - 235,000 mi. WA state
874 Posts
Can't distinguish - luck

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
387 Posts
There's a panel on the side of the dash that is visible when you open the door. I can't remember (and my car's in the shop at the moment) if there's a screw that you have to remove before you pop the panel off. You might be able to see something loose in there. That sounds like something tapping on a metal plate, and there is a metal plate behind that panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a panel on the side of the dash that is visible when you open the door. I can't remember (and my car's in the shop at the moment) if there's a screw that you have to remove before you pop the panel off. You might be able to see something loose in there. That sounds like something tapping on a metal plate, and there is a metal plate behind that panel.
thanks I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I can figure out what it is. Sounds like a loose nut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts