Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cruising this site for a few weeks now. LOVE all the info that is available! My 2015, 2.5i is as base as they come. No fogs, 6 speed, manual everything except A/C and Power Windows! I am a little bit vertically challenged, which means I keep the seat forward a touch, and my center armrest is back a little bit too far for comfort. I thought I read in another thread where a person installed a sliding(?) center armrest out of a different year/model that might bring the armrest forward a bit. Does anyone have any info on an upgrade such as this? Parts required? Etc.?
TIA!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i premium 6-speed 6-speed
14 Posts
Yup! Basically any forester other than the base model has a sliding armrest that will fit your car. The parts department will be able to find the part number if you can give them a vin.
My advice is you go to a Subaru dealership. Walk through their used lot. Pick a vin off of a 14-18 forester with a sliding armrest and the right color/material interior. Take that number to the parts department and give them your money.
Or you can just use the Internet 🤷🏻‍♂️
you want the armrest of a 2.5i premium AUTOMATIC (all 6 speeds came with a non sliding console lid) forester from 2014-2018
Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts