Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who's the best one to order one of these from? I'm looking for one that allows for all the stock air flow stuff for the TMIC to be installed onto the bottom side of it.
Anyone know a good seller or a good importer who has one that fits that bill?

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Likely to transfer all the air ducting over to the CF hood if I can. I imagine it's the most efficient way to get air to the intercooler.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So hood arrived today at my friend's shop. I'll be stopping by tomorrow to see about a test fit. If it actually works then I'll look at either moving everything over to it from the original hood or order duplicate parts.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shipping **** show. On the plus side, it did look like it would fit an SJ Forester..

Guess $500+ shipping charge just doesn't get you what it used to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did this get resolved? I'm interested in one as well but not if I have to go through this. I've heard of people getting together online via FB groups to mass order if there's enough demand. Sounds like we may have 3 people interested here?

Also, sorry about your shipping incident. That's a huge bummer.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The issues with the damaged hood remains unresolved. You're certainly welcome to purchase your own through the company. They appear to be a legit product, if it arrives in better shape that mine did then you should have a good hood. While I can't speak of precise fitment, I can say it did look like it matched up to measurements and shape of the OEM hood so it's not like they sent me a WRX hood :)
If you do buy one, I wouldn't expect it to be quick right now due to the New Year celebrations slowing everything down over there.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that the holiday is over, employee tells me they are mostly working from home due to the current outbreak! I think my best bet now is just trying to repair the gel coat on the hood. Failing that, get the damn thing painted.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So tried a fitment just for fun today and found out the hood is mostly all fiberglass. Guess I should have taken it completely out of the box on day one! Anyway, fitment was pretty good. I'll post up some pics later. The really good news is I found a local guy who does custom carbon fiber and he's willing to make me a hood for real. Of course, it's about double the price :)

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The guy doing my hood will have a mold after he's done mine so if anyone else wants one you can hit him up. Prices are reasonable but not sure what he'll charge for shipping. It will look like the one from China, except better :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts