Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, guy from Brasil here that’s been on the group for a while but this is my first post . Driving Subaru’s for a while now And currently driving an Sj 2015 .

finnaly upgrading My wheels and tires to all terrains For better off road capability . My choice was crosstrek wheels (stock was 18’) and general grabbers at3 225/65/17 (little bigger than stock).

trying to figure out a solution for the spare tire as the stock probably gonna be too small now ( i think they are 185/65/17 ) . Any toughts on that ?
could I still use as a temporary or is it too big of diference now . My other option would be get another full size tire and put it deflated on the spare spot . I dig the tire mount on the back But not in my budget right now .

any ideas , sugestions and feedbacks
Will be higly aprecciated

·
Registered
2018 Forester Manual
452 Posts
They aren't cheap but you can buy a newer, bigger 17'' donut to match the circumference of the new tires. It's the width that limits full size, not height.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring
17 Posts
Height will have some effect but you're right that it's mostly width. Personally, I'm going to use one of my winter tire-wheel combos as my summer spare and vice versa. This should ensure I'm well equipped if I do real damage to a tire out in the middle of nowhere (I live in Utah).

·
Registered
2018 Forester Manual
452 Posts
I also swap in / out winter tires for a full size spare. Better than the donut!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts