Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanna put the Falken Wildpeaks on my 2015 FXT. Im not planning on doing any hard off roading but wanna get off the low profiles. I do alot of camping and gravel/dirt roads when I do so I'd like the extra meat from the A/T.

- Again for my purpose I dont really need to spend twice as much to get wheels also. Has anyone used A/Ts on the stock wheels? How do the rims hold up with light off road use?

- I also go back and forth about possibly doing a 1 or 2 inch lift. But after all the work done to my previous jeep I dont want to go down a rabbit hole of having to address 1 thing after the other from modifications.

- are there lift options to basically just do strut spacers without having to worry about any other part? (Camber, CV joints, etc)

Is it possible to just put a 1 or 2 inch spacer lift on these without doing anything else? I would like to keep this car simple and reliable

98% of my driving is highway so no need to start turning it into an offroad monster. Just a little more capable soft roading. Any suggestions/help would be great!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Forester x limited Manuel
103 Posts
Stay with 1” lift. No worries with cv’s. Stock rims work fine. Falken is a fine tire.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester XT
14 Posts
Hey man! Both my GF and I threw on some Falken WildPeak A/T Trails (mine are 235/55/17 on 17x8 +38 offset the red XT) hers are stock size 225/60/17 on the stock Forester wheels.
Not sure if you're going for just a more off-road look or if you want flush, but I figured I'd show you both!
Note, mine are 1 size wider and shorter and they do not rub even with offset and wider wheels, yet still are beefy.
These tires are like more aggressive all seasons. Love them!
Good luck!
IMG_20210411_144715482_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210330_155044509_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20210411_144728892.jpg
IMG_20210411_144715482_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dolfowolfo,
Very nice thank you. I love the wheels on the red one!

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another popular lift:
primitive
Looked it up, looks quite a bit more expensive than the ADF but comes with the king springs and spacers. Which is what I'm trying to avoid messing with the wheels center point and such.

As long as I don't need to install anything else the ADF with the 1" front and 1 3/8 in the rear looks to be the right price at least.

From looking around here, between the 1" lift and A/T tires im probably looking at 2" total gain correct?

- i stumbled upon the TORQ auto lockers and now its got me thinking how much more capable my FXT might be down the deep soft sand we have at our 4x4 beach on the island i gotta keep reminding myself its not a truck lol

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium CVT 1.5" PrimLift
14 Posts
Looked it up, looks quite a bit more expensive than the ADF but comes with the king springs and spacers. Which is what I'm trying to avoid messing with the wheels center point and such.
Agree about $, never heard of problem regarding "wheels center point and such" -- but I'm no techy, maybe someone else will chime in.

... between the 1" lift and A/T tires im probably looking at 2" total gain correct?
To get an extra inch lift from tires, you would need two inch larger diameter tires -- may be a fit problem -- again, I'm no techy.
Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree about $, never heard of problem regarding "wheels center point and such" -- but I'm no techy, maybe someone else will chime in.

To get an extra inch lift from tires, you would need two inch larger diameter tires -- may be a fit problem -- again, I'm no techy.
Good luck and have fun!
Thank you I appreciate it, I keep seeing that people have to add spacers and make camber adjustments to get the wheel to sit centered again above a certain height. I wanna avoid having to address 1 issue after the other from doing too much modification :)

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium CVT 1.5" PrimLift
14 Posts
I hear your concern.
I believe the parts in the Primitive kit take care of the wheel location issue -- so no "1 issue after the other."
(I'm not trying to convince you to get the Primitive lift, just trying to be clear about it for you and others who may read this.)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,047 Posts
I got the loaded struts and springs package from Primitive with King lift spring, gave me about 1 1/4 lift, rides perfect.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the feedback, when I get 1 I will end up posting here.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
929 Posts
I'd go and am going to next set of tires, 22/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks! These are great fit on stock alloy rims (which hold up just fine) and no lift needed...not yet anyways lol. :)

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Natedog,

I have the XT touring so my stock wheels are 18inches.

Still have plenty of life on my tires but currently doing rear pads/rotors and painting my calipers ontop of the old rotors/pads first. My stock wheels are still in good shape after some cleaning though.

2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring

1 - 18 of 18 Posts