Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,496 Posts
Any evidence of corrosion at the terminals or the socket?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
258 Posts
That’s about what I was getting on the most expensive Sylvania's. The guy at O’Reilly’s would keep warrantying them until we looked at the box. They have an estimated life of just about 500 hours, for my driving habits that’s less than twenty weeks.

I switched back to the cheaper bulbs and change just once a year (to maintain brightness and color).

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,301 Posts
Headlights keep burning out within 6 to 9 months. Is this normal?
Our 2015 is over 5 years old with 38k miles. Still running all original bulbs throughout the entire vehicle. Car lives outside in SE PA where there is plenty of salt and brine used in the winter.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
936 Posts
The high beam bulbs don't last long running at half voltage as DRLs, blackens inside of glass, bubbles the glass capsule and the burn out quickly, bulb companies love this selling more high beams. However, mine still lasted couple years. Disabled the DRLs and they last years longer. :)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,388 Posts
My family has 3 Subaru vehicles... 13 Crosstrek, 15 Outback, and a 19 Forester (traded a 16 Forester for the last vehicle in the list). All used OEM bulbs and none ever burned out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlights keep burning out within 6 to 9 months. Is this normal?
Based on my personal experience with my 2001 Subaru Forester S that I just traded in last July 2018, the only original light bulbs that I replaced during my 18 years of ownership were a few rear stop light bulbs, each of which were of the incandescent/filament type. Both of my Forester's original headlight bulbs and lower fog light bulbs, as well as all other exterior and interior light bulbs, were still fully operational. My 2001 Forester was parked outdoors 100% of the time in Upstate NY during my 18 years of ownership.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 5-speed manual
330 Posts
I had a big problem with my '06 because of water getting into the headlight housing. Later, when I dismantled another car for parts, I found that the housing holds over a litre of water before it shows up water lying inside the headlight lens. I drilled some small holes in the bottom of the housing and it now drains away, no more water splashing around, no more blown lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts