Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester Tour
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a servicing at my Subaru dealer, I reported that when I am shifting from 4th gear to 5th or downshifting from 4th to 3rd, there is noticeable vibration felt at the shift lever at 2500-3200 rpm. The car has 30,000 km (18,000 miles) and when the service technician road tested the car with me his comment was that this is not a sport car and advised me to short shift the transmission. Sorry, I don't agree with the technician or the Service Manager. Does anybody else have this problem with a 2015 Forester Touring?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium 6MT
117 Posts
I have the 6MT in my 2014, and have never experienced anything like that. A huge red flag always goes up for me when something that is clearly not normal is passed off (or attempted to be) as such by a service person. Makes me think they are either lazy, lack knowledge, or some other undesirable trait.

At any rate, I would not consider this normal at all for my 2014. I also put about 50 miles on a used (20,000 miles) 2015 and it shifted and felt just like my 2014. I also test drove three 2018's (one for around 50 miles, two just around the block), and they didn't do anything that sounds like what you are describing.

I'd go somewhere else.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester Tour
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I did not go to Budd's, I was warned about them. I did have my previous Outback Sport serviced there once and they were expensive and advised about issues which they recommended immediate attention whereas my other dealer told me that I could wait to my next servicing, this was rather enlightening.

I am slowly running out of Subaru dealers to go to. I have had this and my previous Outback Sport serviced at 3 different dealers and up to now, I thought that I had finally found the right dealer but with this recent brush-off, I might have to look for another dealer.

When the technician told me what to do, I thought yeah right, I should short shift when I am accelerating on a highway on-ramp just because the transmission is vibrating. Things like this do not instill any confidence or trust in the technician or the dealer.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium 6MT
20 Posts
My 18 6MT also vibrates around 2500 RPM in 4th gear under load. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium Manual
6 Posts
Hi - I have the same problem in 4th at 2500 rpm with my '17 premium MT. I've been to two dealers and had 3 "test drives" and was told this is normal.

It gets extremely load at times, but the mechanics were never able to replicate the worst of the noise.

I am ready to sell before I need to new transmission.

Have you had any luck with this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts