Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Auto box
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Anyone with a the XT has any experience on tyre wear?

I've covered almost 2000Km's in my new XT, noticing increased tyre wear on the fronts over the rears. Perhaps to be expected but there's already a 1-mm difference in tread depths. I regularly check and adjust pressures to makers specs.

The tyres on my XT are the stock Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400's. Seem sort of OK as a general on/off road, perhaps not the very best for this car. But I wasn't expecting this degree of differential tyre wear quite so soon. I'm in Hong Kong on tight roads, lots of turning so perhaps its more to do with the driving conditions.

Guess I'll be rotating these tyres sooner than expected.

Any thoughts and/or advice?

Cheers
Mark.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
82 Posts
Hi Mark,

Not sure if your HK OEM tires are different from the oversea model. In North American we have Dueler H/L 400 .

After 10000 km, the front is still 9.5/32 and the rear remains 10/32 based on the service report from the dealership.

Even now I am at 12443 km the tire actually holds up pretty well. I check the tire pressure every other week and rotated at 10000km.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Auto box
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

Not sure if your HK OEM tires are different from the oversea model. In North American we have Dueler H/L 400 .

After 10000 km, the front is still 9.5/32 and the rear remains 10/32 based on the service report from the dealership.

Even now I am at 12443 km the tire actually holds up pretty well. I check the tire pressure every other week and rotated at 10000km.
Hi Acck,
Yes, the Dueler's are the same spec on Hong Kong XT's as those in N. America. Seems your front tyres are wearing better than mine. I wonder if the particular rubber compound used on the batch of tyres used on my XT are a little soft. Or maybe its down to the tight winding urban roads here in HK that eat more rubber.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
82 Posts
Hi Mark,

I know what you mean! the traffic in HK is bumper to bumper. Even the East district highway is only 60-80km with stop and go traffic, especially when you are approaching CWB, where taxi cab tries to get out of the highway at the last moment, which causes other motorist to abruptly stopping their car to let them in. I guess that is the difference. I think the only Highway in HK that you can speed up to 100 is the one you go to the airport or was it 80? Cannot remember anymore as I moved from HK to Canada 16 years ago.

Back to the topic, I agree with you that, it could be batches of tire have different compound. I recall my old Honda civic where me and my sister have the identical car and yet her tire holds up much better than mine even I rotate and balance more frequently than hers.

Just a side note: This tire suppose to be "green" tire meaning it helps to reduce fuel consumption. The treadwear should be only average.

Dueler H/L 400 Quiet Tire | Bridgestone Tires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts