Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Automatic CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to find the sunroof drains to try and clear a potential clog (I have a musty smell from the sunroof area after rain or car wash). I opened the sunroof but the drains aren't clearly visible. Where are they? Do I need to remove anything to find them?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Automatic CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Emilio G. I did look before posting but saw mostly articles about outbacks and <2013 foresters. Are you saying it's pretty much the same as those other models on a 2014?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,491 Posts
Yes. The drain system and tubing is most likely identical to other Subaru models.

Maybe compressed air can clear the blockage?

You should see 4 drainage holes around the sunroof frame. I’m sure someone here can upload an FSM diagram?

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
615 Posts
They definitely have two forward drains in each corner. Take some water and pour it down the silver track and see if the water pools or drains out.

The Subaru sunroof and drains seem to be a better design than my old Nissan Rogue. I see far less dirt in the tracks than I used to with the Nissan. I make it a habit to clean out the tracks at least once a year with a damp rag and then flush the drains in the front by pouring half a cup of water through and letting it drain out. That will hopefully keep it from ever clogging up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts