Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my fez xt 2014 rear brake make some noise comme from the brake when I hit a bump. I found that the braquet holding the galiper was Lousse got some rebuilt aftermarket, it was ok for a month but the problème came back.looking for a solution.

thank's

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
With the car is on the lift if I knock on the caliper someting is loosse.
The rotor (Massive round thing the brake pads squeeze onto while braking) is loose, if course, since it is held in by the wheel and lugs (and rust, if you live near me or North of me).
The caliper floats on those accordion looking rubber things (middle of your drawing) and those are held in with bolts ("Float pins"). They bolt into that larger piece on the left of your drawing ("Caliper bracket"). It should only move in and out - not any other way.
The brake pads are held in place by those shiny clips on the right bottom of your drawing. They shouldn't rattle, tho. They are pinched by the caliper piston. There's some movement because that's what makes the car stop but you shouldn't see it move when you bang it with mallet.
Is it that larger big thing ("caliper bracket") on the left of your drawing above?
Or perhaps round thing ("hub assembly") that hold the rotor, wheel lug, wheel and rotates? It shouldn't do more than rotate; you should not be able to pull or push that assembly and see movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts