Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, just picked up my new 14 XT last night after trading in my 2010 XT. I feel like it has improved in a million ways. definitely doesnt feel as cheap and loose inside. i had a million rattles in my last one. That 10 had rattles in the dash, all 4 doors, rear door & sunroof.

i am already getting a rattle from the passenger headrest in the 14. anyone have this yet?

are there any others that people have been experiencing?

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Mine has been rattle-free so far, but a few people have found out that the middle seatbelt stowed in the roof makes a lot of noise when not stored securely. Others have mentioned noises coming from the moonroof air deflector.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
I've been listening for any rattles in my new 2014 FXT and so far none. Very solid.

The middle seat belt has a slot in the roof mount it can be locked into to prevent any rattle.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
80 Posts
Over certain types of bumps and not others, there is a rattle in the back somewhere. I haven't figured it out yet but suspect seat belt buckles are knocking against each other.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
Up top (middle) - the panel inside which the eyesight camera sits. On non-eyesight models, this is where the sunglasses cubby would be.
When I press on it, the rattle stops so it's got to be from there.

where is that?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I will occasionally get a rattle from the overhang on the multi function display. can touch it and it goes away. only get it on a road with a little bit of chatter.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester XT CVT
27 Posts
I get some minor rattles from the hood of the heads up display - I can touch it when it does and it immediately stops. I also get some minor rattles from under the two dash speaker covers - again, I can touch them when they are rattling and it immediately stops. Both generally happen over chatter-y areas; I don't notice it on big bumps, only persistent ones.

·
Registered
2018 Premium M6
348 Posts
I will occasionally get a rattle from the overhang on the multi function display. can touch it and it goes away. only get it on a road with a little bit of chatter.
Me too.

Going over bumps and at the right kind of RPM's from MT it will telegraph vibes through the dash and multi-function display plastic. Annoying for a brand new car.

Seems to be more evident when cold.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
111 Posts
I'm getting this annoying rattle coming from passenger rear seat area. Could be from pillar, not sure. I haven't pinned it down yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
1,975 Posts
I'm getting this annoying rattle coming from passenger rear seat area. Could be from pillar, not sure. I haven't pinned it down yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4
I've got one in the same area. Was getting irritated until I took into account just how many potholes and rough roads are involved in my daily commute.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
111 Posts
I've got one in the same area. Was getting irritated until I took into account just how many potholes and rough roads are involved in my daily commute.
Yeah it seems like something is loose. It happens even when not riding over bumpy roads. Almost any little chassis movement its there.

Sent from my Nexus 4

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Have you guys got the middle seat belt tucked into the ceiling properly, so that it does not move around and make noise on bumps?

That could explain the rattle you hear from the rear seat area.

·
Premium Member
2014 328i xDrive Wagon 8 spd Auto
1,975 Posts
Have you guys got the middle seat belt tucked into the ceiling properly, so that it does not move around and make noise on bumps?

That could explain the rattle you hear from the rear seat area.
Yup.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
5 Posts
Yep. I get it from the same place. Started noticing it a few weeks ago. The rattle goes away after a few minutes.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
80 Posts

Sent from my Nexus 4
Have you found what is rattling? I have the same problem in the rear passenger seat area. Dealer can hear it too but can't pin it down either.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
246 Posts
Have you found what is rattling? I have the same problem in the rear passenger seat area. Dealer can hear it too but can't pin it down either.
maybe it is the lock. My 2013 outback has this problem before. Fix the lock, the sound is gone.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts