Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Forester XT 2.0 Touring, (purchased new), with 19,000 miles.

I have started to notice an engine or possibly a turbo related noise that occurs around 1,000-1,200 RPM. It occurs as the engine is decelerating from a higher RPM, as when pulling in to a parking spot.

Once parked, I can accelerate in/around the 1,000 RPM range and duplicate the sound. Dealer says engine sounds normal!

Do any of you Turbo owners have a similar noise?
Thank you,
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
1,109 Posts
Need more info re: noise...

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
I have a 2014 Forester XT 2.0 Touring, (purchased new), with 19,000 miles.

I have started to notice an engine or possibly a turbo related noise that occurs around 1,000-1,200 RPM. It occurs as the engine is decelerating from a higher RPM, as when pulling in to a parking spot.

Once parked, I can accelerate in/around the 1,000 RPM range and duplicate the sound. Dealer says engine sounds normal!

Do any of you Turbo owners have a similar noise?
Thank you,
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please record noise the best you can and post to youtube then post link.

i complained of a knocking/ ticking noise that was very faint. dealer tech related it twice to the

"noisy high pressure fuel pump, because it is mechanical and runs off the cam"

i also only notice the noise in warmer temps. what about you?

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring
7 Posts
I'm also interested in the noise, OP. I have the '14 XT Touring too. Please do try to upload a video of the noise! Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i complained of a knocking/ ticking noise that was very faint. dealer tech related it twice to the

Noise is present even when temp is 50-60F

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Sorry for the long delay in responding!
Subaru technician advised the noise is from the High Pressure Fuel Pump. After seeing the thick foam installed around the fuel pump from the factory...I am in agreement.

I am going to follow up with Subaru Customer Services...to see if there might be a new improved fuel pump that is quieter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Regarding noticing the noise in warmer temps...it is cool weather now, the noise remained the same. However, in general, I feel the noise level has increased in the last 500 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will see if I can record the noise on video and upload.
Did you see my follow-up post? Subaru tech says the noise is the High Pressure Fuel Pump.
he pointed out that the HP Fuel Pump came from the factory with foam rubber wrapped around it...an attempt to quiet the noise!

·
Registered
13 forester 2.5 & 14 XT 4eat/ CVT
160 Posts
I might be having a similar noise with my 14 xt its only noticable when its cold however.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT
78 Posts
I have a 2016 xt. The noise is very noticeable at about 1000 rpms on colder days. Once the engine has been on for a long period of time the sound is almost unnoticeable. I brought the car to the dealer and it seems like only the xt has this problem. They cant seem to pinpoint why its making the noise. I left it in at the dealer for over a month. On warmer days you can still hear it. I live in nyc, in the winter months if you dont have your radio on or heat on you will definitely hear it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts