Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Can you help me solve the problem. My windshield washer fluid light is ON always on the panel but the my washer fluid tank is full. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,936 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
@TonyW1963 note that @lakarz16 last signed onto the forum 8 months ago. You could send him a PM - Private Message... now called a "conversation" on this new site. He's optioned to receive an e-mail notification, so you could receive an reply.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]
Hello! Can you help me solve the problem. My windshield washer fluid light is ON always on the panel but the my washer fluid tank is full. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2915 Forester...me too. Reservoir filled but light still on. ??

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,512 Posts
With any auto electric device, it can be anything in the circuit, and isn't necessarily the same problem in all cases.
A likely culprit would be a float switch, which is a typical mechanism to trigger the low fluid warning.. (either bad switch, connection to it or it's ground)
Take a look at your model's wiring diagram.
The other alternative is the Click and Clack Tappet Brothers' fix, which is to monitor the fluid level yourself, and put a piece of black electrical tape over the indicator...
;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey thanks. I like the ultra low tech fix even though the light doesn't bother me and I look at it everytime I start up the car.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
2,961 Posts
How does the system detect fluid level? I know on VW and Mercedes, the electrical sensors get contaminated if you are using any RAINX fluid washer. And as soon as you switch back to the non-RAINX stuff the problem goes away.

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
769 Posts
anyone found a solution to this?
Unless the low level sensor is built into the washer pump itself, I can't find any sensor in the washer tank.
Maybe its a maintenance schedule reminder thing. Just like how you can set up oil change or tire rotation reminders. I'll check it out on my car the next time I drive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts