Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the following for my ‘14 Fozzy XT and am wondering if I’ll need a tune or will get check engine light if I install everything. All feed back is welcome.
Parts:
-2015 Stock WRX Midpipe to stock Forester mufflers
-AEM intake
-Turbo XS Hybrid BOV
-Process West charge pipe

I want to install everything, just don’t want a check engine light or suffer driveability until I can afford an Access Port.

·
Registered
2017 FXT Ice Silver AP3 Stg1
17 Posts
You will need a tune for sure for the intake yes but defineately for a hybrid BOV our cars are super sensitive to incoming airflow and will burn an engine running too rich or too lean quickly. To get a tune you need an AP3 so the answer to your original question is you need both the AP and a tune.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need a tune for sure for the intake yes but defineately for a hybrid BOV our cars are super sensitive to incoming airflow and will burn an engine running too rich or too lean quickly. To get a tune you need an AP3 so the answer to your original question is you need both the AP and a tune.
Thank you, I’ll just hold up on installing everything until I get an AP3 and can find a good local tuner.

·
Super Moderator
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
1,553 Posts
Yup, need to adjust MAF scaling for the intake as they make their power by cheating most of the time, deliberately changing how the MAF will read volume, leaning out slightly. Most of the time not a problem...but in those scenarios where detonation may be at an increased risk, that risk will be greatly amplified by the intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts