Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium MT
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched up and down this forum and couldn't find any information, so making a post just in case.

If any of you find yourself in my position where the transmission is coming out (for throwout bearing like me, or for other clutch/trans related issues), and you want to replace whatever you can while you're in there, I may have some good news.

I spoke with Evan @ Exedy, who was kind enough to do some research for me, and he found that the TYF001 OE spec flywheel is a direct replacement for the dual mass monstrosity that came from the factory. Additionally the FF502 lightweight flywheel will also work, if that's more to your liking.

Current prices (5/16/2019)
OE Subaru: $371.39
Exedy OE Single Mass: $135.79 @ RSD
Exedy Lightweight: $332.32 @ Subimods

Good to see that options do, in fact, exist.

Cheers

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
951 Posts
Wow, that's good news on proper flywheel replacement, but the stocker is an abortion, wth? A flexing flywheel for manual transmissions??? High probability for the slipping and failing chattery Subaru clutches if you take a quick read around the net. Dangit. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone done this TYF001 conversion on a dual mass XT? I have been looking at this guy too and cant seem to find any information on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts