Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a manual switch for the rear hatch release?
I want to install a switch to release the hatch lock - its kind of difficult to press the button on the key while its in the ignition and in the run position.
(Not a manual cable operated switch)

Guess the first step is getting the FSM to see the schematic.

·
Registered
2014 Forester FXT Touring CVT
25 Posts
Has anyone installed a manual switch for the rear hatch release?
I want to install a switch to release the hatch lock - its kind of difficult to press the button on the key while its in the ignition and in the run position.
(Not a manual cable operated switch)

Guess the first step is getting the FSM to see the schematic.
You already have a manual switch to auto open the hatch. It is one of the buttons just to the left of the stearing column. I use it all the time in our Limited. If your forester doesn't have the auto opening rear hatch, then all you do is hit the unlock button on the drivers armrest to unlock all the doors. This also unlocks the rear hatch.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You already have a manual switch to auto open the hatch. It is one of the buttons just to the left of the stearing column. I use it all the time in our Limited. If your forester doesn't have the auto opening rear hatch, then all you do is hit the unlock button on the drivers armrest to unlock all the doors. This also unlocks the rear hatch.
I dont have the unlock switch to the left of the steering column in the Premium, hitting the unlock button a few times just unlocks all 4 doors.
The fob will, but not the switches on the armrest. Very strange.

·
On Island Time
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem. 6MT
550 Posts
Hitting the unlock button on the door in my Premium unlocks the gate. Something's not right if it is not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2015 Subaru Base model (2.5i) Which doesn't have auto open but the tailgate opens wither by Key button or small switch in center of Tailgate. It was all ok and now its not opening using any way. When i press button on key or button in center above the license plate gives a little sound of moving gears inside the lock but its not able to open. I also opened the small plastic part from inside the tail gate but couldn't understand anything how to open the locked door. I also checked sites and videos but all talk about resetting the lock by removing battery or keep pressing the button and i know its for the automatic tail gate not mine. But still I tried by removing the battery cables and still no luck. Please suggest the option to open. I have also attached the image of the Latch inside that can be used to open it manually and the small white lever on left side is moving when we press button to open the tail gate. Even I am able to move that lever but still the gate doesnt open so I am feeling that the lock is gone bad. If thats the case, want to know how to replace the lock mechanism.
SubaruLockTailgate.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts