Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished replacing both front LCAs on my 2014 Forester - driver's side was probably ok but passenger front bushing was completely shot (was having rattle over bumps and 'rumble strip' vibration). Replaced with Moogs. The situation is now some better but I still have a rattle (not as bad as before, but still noticeable) - kind of sound like something's loose...most noticeable at slow speeds driving on rougher neighborhood roads.

Any other sources from the front end for a noise like this? I know it's possible the new parts (Moog LCA) are bad - pulled the car on ramps yesterday to check everything and made sure the front bushing bolt was torqued to 70 ft lbs. Didn't see anything that looked problematic.

Thanks,
ryan

·
Registered
2009 FXT
85 Posts
Did you replace the front stabilizer bar D-bushings?
These wear out regularly and cause front clucking noise on rough roads. There are very cheap parts ($9CAD from the dealer) and easy to replace.

Next thing would be stabilizer end links. They might look good but are under load so its hard to notice if they are worn and loose.

·
Registered
2014 Forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the end links - didn't replace the D-bushings? What are those?

·
Registered
2015 Forester "Premium", 2.0 NA
59 Posts
From sway bar bushings (aka the D bushings) were shot on mine in about 5 years, shortly after the front lower control arm bushings (less than 4 years) etc. Swapped all of the above to polyurethane since I have no patience to be changing them so often. So far so good

·
Registered
2014 Forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I figured it out - thanks! I ordered some Subaru replacements.

I have another question - maybe I should start another thread. While I was pulling this car (5 spd) up on to the ramps I was being careful to not drive over the ramps and was riding the clutch up the ramps. Car started smoking under the hood and a definite 'burning clutch' smell.

I have just above 79k miles - have no idea about the longevity of the clutch, but do you think I caused some serious damage - or does this possibly indicate a 'wearing out' clutch?

Replacing this looks like a HUGE job...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts