Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6MT Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i am buying a 2014 from carmax as i said in my introduction. I am doing the bumper to bumper warranty, are there any issues i should look for, to get replaced under the bumper to bumper warranty? Since they will even cover a faulty horn, or a bad speaker with the stock stereo. I know about the oil issue, i will get that checked right after i buy it, get an oil change at a dealer and have them do the oil consumption seal on it. Are there any other things that i should have looked at by the dealer that break easily on these?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,427 Posts
Just a note on the oil test: Put on as many highway miles as you can throughout the test. This seems to consume more oil than lower-speed, local driving.

Mike

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,815 Posts
FWIW...According to the April 2019 issue of Consumer Reports, reliability data for the 2014 Forester indicates that "In-Car Electronics" is a potential trouble spot. CR does not get specific but defines In-Car Electronics as: audio systems, entertainment systems, navigation system, backup camera/sensors, phone pairing, voice commands, steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6MT Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW...According to the April 2019 issue of Consumer Reports, reliability data for the 2014 Forester indicates that "In-Car Electronics" is a potential trouble spot. CR does not get specific but defines In-Car Electronics as: audio systems, entertainment systems, navigation system, backup camera/sensors, phone pairing, voice commands, steering wheel controls.
I am aware that the Firmware for the clarion stereo in mine can be updated and i did grab the files from here. The rest can be repaired under carmax warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts