Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Gosh I swear it looks darker right on the outer edge of the headlight flares. I have a 2016 and it just seems like those outer edge spots are not as dark looking as yours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
12/16/2017 Oakland Starbucks meet PT.2

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all guys, italian 2013 forester here!

I moved to this car to replace my old but loyal ford fiesta 1.2 since I got a wonderful daughter in 2014 and she's getting big.

I wanted something bigger, comfortable and why not, good looking and not of the usual suv we have everywhere and then I found this used forester 2.0i (hate diesel engines) with 128k km for 14k€ in Milan.

Here two quick pics

After some months I can say that I like the car and except one problem regarding a wind noise when going more than 80km/s I get from the left mirror zone (even a new complete front door gasket did not solve the issue!) I have some questions for you expert owners:

- When the engine is cold I get a noise from the left part of the engine, think is the metallic belt of the transmission...... since I know I have to change it on 170k km and I'm far away from this milestone I just wanted to know if it is normal or what, after one or two minutes the noise go off....
- I have a 17'' oem wheels setup but I feel that the springs of the shock absorbers are a little too much stiff... I thought that I could forget the little road holes here and there instead seems that I notice them way more then with my previous car..... is this car that rigid? While doing turns instead it is the best car I have ever tried..... pros and cons.....
- The start & stop....... it is a month or two (winter here) that it was not working.... instead yesterday afternoon it worked ( it is always on): think it is stupid but seems almost that is is temperature dependant.... do I have to drop to smoke?

Since I tend to modify/personalize everything I have, I have something in mind (for the cash it is completly another story eheheh) for it too:

- New 17'' black alloy rims but I'm very very confused about the style: sport car or rough offroad? I still have not found a wheel rim that make me in love with it, I have two months to decide since I need the ones for the summer tyres I'm not using while the snow tyres will be left on the OEM rims for winter swap.
- Some oem aftermarket parts like the upper wheels molding, some cargo spiders to keep stuff tight and some black coat on the headlights...... and black wrap on the passengers windows.
- Any advice on shop where I could have a look on some after market parts? Maybe with some europe distributors?

Great site!!!!

Ciao!

1781 - 1797 of 1797 Posts