Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 XT- Purchased in January of 2020 with 63k miles and now sitting at 70k miles.
Two weeks ago I was driving up Mt Lemmon here in Tucson Arizona (paved road) I noticed that the throttle was being jump/lurching.
Best way to describe it is when I'm between 2k-2.5k rpm and between 20-40 mph. The car is stuck between shifting to the next gear and staying in the current gear.
No dash lights on.
Getting an oil change done today 5/28/2020 (5k miles since last change)
At first the jumpy acceleration would happen 40% of the time I drove the vehicle now its more common.
Any advice would truly be appreciated.

I plan on driving this vehicle from Arizona to Florida and Back this summer and I don't want to have any issues with my XT.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@numskull50 Yes, Im in 'I' mode. Did you have a similar problem in your 15 XT?
I will try putting it in S# or S mode.
Def something new though- I did not experience this from January- April 2020 of owning this car.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
543 Posts
I don't have this issue, but its typical behavior for the cvt to always feel like its rubberbanding. "I" tries to keep your car in max gas mileage rpm and and can cause that feeling.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to a shop and they told me that its the transmission. Thankfully the CVT does have a 100k mile power train warranty.
No codes came back.
I'll be getting the car serviced next week and keep this thread posted, but they did tell me that the shudder/lurching is not normal and will only get worse if I don't get it looked at now.

I don't have this issue, but its typical behavior for the cvt to always feel like its rubberbanding. "I" tries to keep your car in max gas mileage rpm and and can cause that feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts