Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my FXT 14’ for 6 years now 42k miles and ordered Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 tires on amazon and getting a tire changed at my local sears auto center. The staff member said he recommends getting an alignment done for an extra $89 with my tire change because “it’s like getting new shoes and wearing old socks” if I don’t.

I said no on the suggestion, and he said to think about it and get it done in the future.

so I’m sitting at Starbucks posting this question waiting for my tire change. I did some search on the forum about this and read mixed answers where others got it done and others write if it ain’t broke don’t get it done.

so it’s got me thinking. I can’t spare $89 right now but I might have my mechanic look at it when I bring in my car for maintenance in 2-3 months. I don’t have any issues with my drive being off or pulling to one side or the other.

what do you folks think?

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,771 Posts
In my experience, unless you've had an accident and somehow messed up your alignment, it's not always mandatory on a new set of tires for existing wheels.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,569 Posts
I agree with @Nasarog No alignment done on any of the vehicles we now own. If the vehicle tracks as it should & the tire wear is normal, really no need for a realignment. Of course it doesn't hurt to have one done, if it's included with the purchase of new tires.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,411 Posts
Alignments are like 3000 mile oil changes.

I have had 2 alignments done in my 57 years of driving. One was needed to correct the first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts