Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few minutes to put together a review focusing on the back seat GT covers I got for the rear seat of my Forester. We got them mainly to protect the seats from our dog, so that is why we just got them on the rear. We also have the weather tech floor liners which I talk about briefly. Mostly this video just shows the fit, as well as I a few issues I had installing them.

·
Registered
2013 VW CC Sport 6MT
171 Posts
Thanks for the time & effort on the review! I had no idea that one could source "off the shelf" seat covers that fit so well.

BTW, the Husky liners have the higher coverage you talked about and also have little spikes underneath that nearly eliminate shifting/slipping of the passenger mat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem. The GT Covers are custom fit covers, or they are supposed to be. I sent the company an e-mail regarding the issues I discussed, and I will post an update if I hear back.

I just looked at those Husky liners, and I agree that extra coverage would be nice. I am really not sure why the weather tech ones don't cover the entire area where your foot would rest.

·
Registered
2015 XT CVT
34 Posts
I've had a couple sets of weathertechs now, seems they don't want to risk the pedal getting caught under any of the mats. It looks like they could actually go up a little further but it's all about liability. I had a set in my '12 Legacy GT, the clutch pedal would catch under it creating issues. I ended up having to cut them to fit better.
FYI I've not had good experience with weathertech customer service, but the products are generally very good.

Here's the link for the husky liner: Husky Liners® - Floor Liners | Floor Mats | Car Floor Mats | Cargo Liners | Mud Flaps | Huskyliners.com

Anyone use them yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts