Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,342 Posts
If the LED C-Ring was orange, I'd accept it as a marker light. White isn't acceptable IMO. :D It's a DRL if it's white.

I may take the opportunity of having the bumper off again to wire low-brightness side of the turn signal lights as running lights, since they're dual element bulbs and sockets that only use one element. (Well, LEDs in my case, but same difference.)

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you receive this grill already? If so, can you take a picture of the back side of this? I'd like to be able to keep my shiny grill but add those lights and so I'd be interested to see how the back side of the grill is built.
I should be able to grab a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@Borealis13 please update on the install process (whether in this thread or a separate one) once you receive it! I've been really tempted to buy one myself just didn't know how to handle the wiring.
Install went well. Wired it to the left front, outside yellow/amber running light....black to black, red to green! I had to splice an additional 6" section of wire into the center of the supplied harness, between the two lights on the right side of the grille and the two lights on the left side of the grille. I had to do this because without the extra 6" splice, there was not enough wire on either side to hide the wires behind the solid strip behind the top of the grille. It was too tight to "tuck" the wires on both sides behind that strip. Otherwise, looking at the front of the grille, from a distance away, one could see parts of the wires and harness...not much, but obviously wanted to do it right. Now, nothing is visible when looking at the front of the grille.
Car Dog Plant Vehicle Vertebrate

21 - 26 of 26 Posts