Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
Yes. It would be that simple. Unless you wanted to control the lights through a switch or only have them on with fog-lights or as DRL or ...

Where did you find that? Amazon? eBay? Some other source? And how much was it?

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
Did you receive this grill already? If so, can you take a picture of the back side of this? I'd like to be able to keep my shiny grill but add those lights and so I'd be interested to see how the back side of the grill is built.

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
My problem is I'm and odd-duck in this Foz world ..... I LIKE the chrome / shiny finish on my grill (and other spots). I don't want all that blacked out trim. When I was looking at the sport grill, for example, I just wanted the different "texture" or patter to the grill and then the dark cross bar (with Subie logo) and keep the chrome upper and lower parts of the grill.

For example, I've added shiny trim around the fogs and the rear reflectors ....

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
@Hestheone - as a bit of irony and coincidence - Dagmar (if she were still alive) would be a neighbor of mine. She was one of more-than-a-few minor (and some bigger than minor) celebs that lived (and/or owned a vacation house) in the development I live in near Palm Springs.

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
@whobodym - I think that's specific to the XT - as you have that extra air channel for the intercooler. The non-XT just has the single air channel to the general intake and has some solid panels - even on the early SJ generation.

The top row of openings for the non-XT is solid and does not have that same opening or structure pattern of openings.

And yes, it is a "late" model SJ generation in the image (2017 or 2018).

·
Super Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
5,001 Posts
Why not just do all of them as marker lights?

There is a marker/running light on the "early" SJ - between lo-beam and hi-beam...
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle

And on the later SJ models - it's the boomerang on the outer side -
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive design

But OBJon - you've got the XT Touring so that means your running/marker light is the LED "C-Ring" - which is about the same place on the HID/LED set up on the Touring editions of the 2.5 and 2.0XT models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts