Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to disable the beep when switching between I, S, S# modes?

Thanks

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wouldn't mind it being quieter. It emits quite a squawk.
heh ... yeah nice to be able to get some oomph without you're passengers asking you .... 'what'd you just do :icon_question:?' .... I hate that!!

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
Maybe try timing a cough with hitting the button?

My wife knows that the beep sound often precedes shenanigans, so I'm busted even before the act is committed.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
haha!^ I can relate!

I would love to disable the beeps. There's gotta be a way somehow.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
186 Posts
Maybe try timing a cough with hitting the button?

My wife knows that the beep sound often precedes shenanigans, so I'm busted even before the act is committed.
That's probably the best answer to "why would you want to do this?" :biggrin:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
49 Posts
I would also be very interested in this. Wouldn't have to be a complete mute (although probably easier), but something quieter would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
3 Posts
Same here, but it works both ways. When she drives and I hear the infamous beep, I get to go ahead and clinch my butt cheeks. ...it is her car after all.

Seriously, we would both love to find a way to either turn that beep down or turn it off completely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was at the dealer today for my first oil change and tire rotation. They said they could not disable the beep. :(

·
Registered
2014 XTP CVT
57 Posts
You can adjust the volume of the warning settings from the eyesight, not sure of this adjusts the mode button as well though

·
Registered
2014 Skoda Superb Estate DSG
164 Posts
Annoying "beep" when changing from "I" to "S" mode

I've probably missed it in the Owners Manual but is there a way of muting the annoying beep that you get when changing from "I" mode to "S" mode and back? It wakes up the passengers, gets them all tense as they sense an overtake coming on (LOL) and really irritates me. Of course now that fuel is down to £1.07 per litre I could just leave it in Sport mode!

·
Registered
2014 Skoda Superb Estate DSG
164 Posts
Oh, looks like one of Subaru's idiosyncracies, but hard tto fathom the logic when you can disable dynamic ESP and all you get is a message up on the screen. Guess I may have a couple of options. One keep the audio on Status Quo at max so the passengers request ear plugs, or secondly keep it in "s" until oil goes back up to $100 barrel!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts