Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester, XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if everything goes right we will be leaving a 2010 Rav4 V6 for a 2014 Limited Forester. I like the forester better, except for the seats, and I hope the power is adequate. How is the fuel economy at 70mph cruise, and comfort on 6-12hr trips? I don't want to pay $1200 for a 36 month 36000 mile service contract. Can I use Amsoil, if so which one. The service guy said use full synthetic from day one. Does this sound right? I usually do my truck maintenance, on a 2001 Dodge diesel, so it shouldn't be a problem. We weren't ready to buy yet, but Gateway in Salisbury Md. was very helpful, with a better deal than Toyota.
Thanks
Jody

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,921 Posts
There have been those that returned their Forester bc of seat comfort. To be sure this is a small small percentage....as what is uncomfortable for one person is fine for another. If the seats are uncomfortable I would think seriously before buying. My wife trusts my judgment when buy a vehicle. She does insist (and I comply) the seats be comfortable.

Oil required is 0W-20 syn on the non turbo. That means syn is required.
You should get 30+ mpg on a trip. Comfort will suck on a long trip if the seats are uncomfortable.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
I thought the seats were uncomfortable at first compared to my 10 Outback, but after I purchased my XT Premium and after a couple of months they are good for me. It seems that most people are pleased after they get use to them

·
Registered
2015 XT-P
638 Posts
We weren't ready to buy yet, but Gateway in Salisbury Md. was very helpful, with a better deal than Toyota.
Thanks
Jody
I plan to order a Forester as soon as the order books open for the 2015's. I looked at the Newark dealer, not impressed, and at the Dover one, so-so. I had not considered Salisbury because I thought buying at a DE dealer would eliminate transit plates and a workday daytime trip to Georgetown for VIN and inspection. Will the Salisbury dealer do the DE paperwork and inspection? Do you pay MD 6% tax in addition to the DE 3.75%?

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,377 Posts
I have bad lower back. Really bad. Our pilot association had an 05 outback. Those seats crippled me in 30 minutes. Terrible. My 13' Cadillac also kills me in one hour behind the wheel. Takes me a few minutes to stand up straight again.
However, this 14' forester is the first vehicle I have had that I could drive all day. Dare I say the best I ever had. Including the 04' Volvo S80 I had. And if your ever drove a Volvo you know the seats are in a class of their own.
The lower back support on the new forester is fantastic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2014 Forester Auto CVT
2 Posts
2014 xt

Have a 2014 XT Touring fully loaded for several months now. I have serious back issues and I find the seats firm but comfortable on long trips. Would like a bit more lateral support. Overall love the car, it is our first Subaru. Some things are very well thought out some things are Quirky, like the backup camera, should show up on the navigation screen not the tiny one up top. We got ours in Long Island at Grand Prix Good Experience!

·
Registered
2005 Forester, XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sinbad

Gateway is in Delmar Md. I talked to Magee ( pronounced Maggie), new salesperson. She is the reason we are buying there. You can tell her Jody recommended her. I'm so tired of hearing from other dealers "I have to ask my manager", and they don't know anything. Why have sales people? They are dog friendly, any questions she couldn't answer, she found out about. I NEVER HEARD I HAVE TO TALK TO MY MANGER! Tried out Outback, Foresters, got there late with my wife, and Magee stayed after her shift for a test ride. Gave us more for our Toyota Rav4 than Toyota. Doing the taxes and transferring tags through Delaware. 1.9% rate. My wife and I have bought 7 Toyotas from the same dealership, and I felt more appreciated, and special at Gateway than any other dealer. Can't wait for my new Forester.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts