Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my beloved 2014 XT. I'll start from the beginning. I'm technically the second owner. My company owned this car until mid 2018 when I purchased it from them. I have been the sole driver of this car since new. From the day I got it at work I planned to buy it when they retired her so I always took good care of it. Fumoto valve went on at the first oil change and I did every oil change on it myself using Pennzoil Platinum Plus Synthetic and Fram Ultraguard filters every 5k miles. I changed the air filter every 15-20k miles. In the winters I went through the auto wash with undercarriage cleaners at least once a week. I used it as a daily work vehicle from 2014 to mid 2018 and racked up nearly 256,000 highway miles. Subaru kindly replaced the transmission due to a recall at around 160,000 miles although I didn't notice a problem. Other than that the car remained completely stock and never once let me down. So in mid 2018 I was eligible for a new company car and immediately bought the XT from them. Here's where things got fun! I got two sets of wheels, some MB turbos and MasterCraft winters (3k mi total) for the slop and some Enkeis with Kendas (5k mi total) for the summer. I have one extra MasterCraft winter tire unmounted because I wanted a spare with me on the Wetum Ice Road trip a few months ago. Oh, also picked up a Crosstrek 17" wheel and similar OD tire as an extra spare. Installed an LP Aventure lift and replaced rear springs with new Subaru OEMs. Added front and mid ASFIR 6mm thick aluminum skid plates. Installed Primitive XV hidden winch bumper with Warn Axon 55S 5500# winch with synthetic rope and Factor 55 thimble and remote. The car will also come with 50' of extra synthetic winch rope and shackles. To help power the winch and a future set of rally lights I installed a Duralast AGM battery in Oct 2019. Car has a Curt 2" hitch and wiring which was great for pulling my kayak trailer. If you want the sleeping platform I made for my trip up to the ice road this winter you can have it. The car runs and drives great, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere! Needs absolutely nothing and has a current PA registration and inspection. The body has a few dings and scratches, mostly from bushes and kayak loading fails but there is a significant scratch/dent behind the front passenger for from a rock in Colorado last fall. Current mileage is 264,000 but I may take it kayak/camping this weekend. Price is $7,500. Fully loaded model with the exception of eyesight. I still travel a ton for work. If you are interested in buying hit me up, there's a good chance we could meet up.

·
Registered
2014 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the time being I've decided to keep the car. I guess you can say I have a hard time letting it go. It's a part of me in many ways. Thanks for the interest!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.